Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas in Town


Via friends on Facebook I found out that Santa would be riding to town on the VRE last Friday night and lighting the city Christmas tree.  The city parade would be the next morning (we skipped it this year). 
We saw a bunch of trains roll into town (mostly carrying commuters).  It was crowded.  Finally through whispers and shouts in the crowd we realized Santa had gotten off the train and was making his way toward a tractor drawn hayride to head towards the tree lighting.  I was able to lift the two older kids enough that they could spot Mr. and Mrs. Santa's heads.  B had Little Guy.

Then we ran into our friends the Js and walked over to the tree lighting with them and their three little ones.  Afterwards, they came over to help finish up the pumpkin squares I had leftover from book club the night before. 

No comments: