![]() |
| top tooth on the right |
Maybe 1 1/2- 2 months ago Little Guy, standing on the edge of the bottom bunk and holding onto the rail of the top bunk, slipped, fell and hit his face on the dresser (I think). He was all bloody, tooth and lip but the tooth never got wiggly. After a few days it started getting bruised. I called to make a dental appointment for him, it was busy, life got in the way and I never called back. Stupid of me. I read about it some online and found out the tooth can get bruised and will slowly heal and return back to its normal color. And that's exactly what his tooth started doing. By the time he went in to get it checked out two weeks ago, it was almost normal again. His dentist informed me that the tooth had an abscess and would have to be removed. She requested X-rays, but never even looked at them before making a final decision. She then told me she could do it right then, or if I wanted to come back I could make an appointment for later that week or I could take him to a pediatric specialist if I wanted. ?? It's a dental facility for kids, I assumed they were pediatric specialists, I guess not. Anyway, I tracked down his insurance, found a pediatric dentist that would see him and took him in on Tuesday. This dentist looked at the tooth, saw that it wasn't wiggly, looked at all the X-rays very carefully and said he was very optimistic that he could save it. He said he couldn't guarantee it would work, or how long it would last, but he thought it was worth giving a try. I mean, Little Guy is about to turn 4... he wouldn't grow a new front tooth for 3-4 more years! I was on board. We went back on Thursday. I saw with Little Guy while they numbed him up... maybe 15 minutes. Then they had me wait in the waiting room and 10 minutes later the doctor came out. He'd performed a baby root canal and capped the tooth. A couple minutes later, Little Guy walked out with the nurse, gauze in his mouth and a handful of stickers. He got a Slurpee on the way home. What a champ! Buddy doesn't even like getting his teeth cleaned and throws a huge fit about it. Little Guy= brave!
In the pictures, he's bundled up so much because he was shivering after the Slurpee.
And, while we're on the subject of Little Guy, here he is cuddling with Daddy playing mindsweeper a few days ago.

No comments:
Post a Comment