Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Decorating

I'm not usually in the habit of decorating so soon after Thanksgiving*, but I'm hosting book club at my house on Thursday, so for Family Home Evening last night we decorated (everything but the tree). 



I got to hang up my stockings board you'll remember from here.  And, I created a Christmas countdown all on my own, sort of... I got help from  this and this

Here's a zoom in on my countdown.  Behind each number (which I'll upgrade as soon as I decide what I really want them to look like) is an activity such as: drink hot chocolate, warm PJs in dryer before bedtime, drive around to see Christmas lights, bake cookies, etc.)  The kids helped paint or cover the clothes pins, come up with activities, and colored the numbers for me.



*Last year, we went to Ohio for Thanksgiving and I was hosting book club at my house just a day or two after we got home, so we actually decorated before we left town, BEFORE Thanksgiving.  That's given Princess Sparkley some crazy ideas.

2 comments:

Heather Payne said...

The stocking hanger turned out cute. Very fun.

Tiffany said...

Cute Christmas decor! :)