Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Science Museum of Virginia

I didn't manage to take any pictures of any of the Thanksgiving prep or Thanksgiving.  My sister-in-law did, she owes me pictures.  It was yummy.  We all ate too much.  That about sums up everyone's Thanksgiving, right?

On Friday we went and saw the movie Hugo with the cousins, the aunt and the uncle.  Little Guy stayed home with B and the grandparents.  I had read The Invention of Hugo Cabret several years ago when the book came out and Aunt H told us about the movie when they visited a couple months ago so we hurried and read it with the kids before this trip.  The movie was in 3D and was pretty cool.

On Saturday  we went to the Science Museum of Virginia with everyone using Grandma and Grandpa's recipricol grandparent membership to a museum they go to in Ohio.  The rotating display was toy trains.  Perfect for all the boys and Grandpa!


Buddy (and Little Guy) especially loved the giant Lego set up a scout troop had done. 


The museum used to be the train station in Richmond, so we went outside and ate a picnic lunch next to the train tracks and toured a caboose.  The train tracks were a hit with the boys.  Buddy, Little Guy and cousin S spent most of the time going up and down the train tracks and I know Buddy and Little Guy were both pretending to be trains because I heard all their train noises.  :)

I like these pictures of Buddy because he's so happy that he's been able to spend the last 30 minutes being a train he can hardly contain a normal smile.

We saw rats play basketball and all of the kids pet a rat.  The kids "solved" a crime. 

We saw some science stuff and some optical illusions.



Aunt H, Little Guy and I pretended to be astronauts.  Little Guy and Uncle G pretended to be under attack by a pteradactyl.

No comments: