Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Day! And Sledding!

The snow stopped late Wednesday night and so Thursday morning B and I joined the kids outside. We shoveled, they played.



It was a warm day, so the slow was slushy but the bottom layer was those sleet balls I took pictures on an earlier post, so shoveling was a pain. Keep in mind also that the sidewalks were shoveled at least three times already by the time we came out to play. And there's about two inches of snow on them.


Since it was such a nice day and the roads were clear, we ventured out in the car in search of a park with a sledding hill. There are a few we know of in town, but we didn't want crowds. I remembered I park I'd been too before that has sort of an elevated soccer field. I guess, more accurately, the soccer field was leveled off to create a flat field and so two sides of it are hill. It was perfect. We had to park at a nearby shopping center (because the parking lot for the park hadn't been plowed, and the gates were closed) and trek to the park in probably 8 inches of snow with just a couple other sets of foot prints in it. But it was worth it. The hills were little enough for our kids, but big enough for them to love it. And there was just another group of older kids off across the field leaving us alone.


You can see in the bottom left picture how deep my foot is in the snow. 8 inches. Maybe.



So handsome.


So excited.


Pretty and colorful.


While sledding, Buddy kept saying variations of "[Buddy Mileposts] the world's most fantastic awesome sledder!"


Lots of videos... I figured the grandparents and cousins might like to see some of them.

Buddy was thrilled with this sledding hill with a jump/bump that someone else made and he discovered.


Little Guy getting a push from Dad.



Princess Sparkley goes down the hill with the jump.


Little Guy. Then PS and Buddy.



Mom and Little Guy go down a hill together next to Princess Sparkley. Then the camera pans over to Buddy going down the hill with the jump. The best parts are PS's scream and the end of the video when Buddy has his legs straight up in the air.



PS and LG go down together.



Buddy.




I went down the hill with a jump (twice, the first time really hurt but B didn't get it on film and made me go a second time). Ow.


Little Guy goes down the jump, then Princess Sparkley tumbles at the end of her slide.


Three more videos to come... it's just taking forever.

No comments: