Monday, March 22, 2010

The President



B got to see the President speak at his school last week. Unfortunately, he didn't find out until he was there that it was a PRO healthcare rally and that he'd be removed from the auditorium if he voiced anti-healthcare views. Which he did and you can hear him here.

At the 27:15 mark. (Turn the volume way up; B was on the other side of the arena from him.)

For those of you who care, here's a transcript of their exchange:

OBAMA: You know, the naysayers said that Social Security would lead to socialism, but the men and women of Congress stood fast and created that program that lifted millions out of poverty. There were cynics that warned that Medicare would lead to a government take-over of our entire health care system.

B: It is!



I can tell it's his voice. And I didn't have to come bail him out of jail. This is one of my concerns with living so close to DC... he keeps hearing about rallies and wanting to join in. I for one, avoid going into the city if I know there is a rally that day.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Good for B! That was awesome. So, did they remove him?

I once yelled as loud as I could at a Bulls game during a free-throw shot so I could be heard on TV. (true admission of what a dork I was) B is much cooler than me. :)