Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pumpkins



A lot of friends and family did research for us to find a great pumpkin patch this year in Virginia, but they all still charged $8+ for admittance for everyone over 2 years old. And I just couldn't bring myself to spend $24 for me and the kids to be admitted into a pumpkin patch. So we ended up going to one of those pseudo pumpkin patches set up in a parking lot near our house. We actually were really pleased with the pumpkin selection, and now we have our pumpkin so the kids can stop bugging me about it. We went with only three this year because B and I are getting tired of carving so many pumpkins... one each for us, and then three kid pumpkins. So from now on, I think we'll only carve kid pumpkins. Maybe that'll change if they ever get old enough to be trusted with a knife.

Baby X calls his pumpkin a ball and is constantly carrying it to me and handing it to me. Luckily he can't lift PS's and Buddy's pumpkins. PS has already picked out an intricate witch design for her pumpkin, I think I'll let B handle that one.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

We haven't even been to a pumpkin patch around Houston. There is one I know of, but I think it costs money to get in (like the one you mentioned). Aw, I miss going to Schaake's pumpkin patch in Lawrence!