Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby X and his Blankey

Baby X, like his older brother, formed his blankey attachment with a burp cloth I made. Buddy has two pathetic looking former burp cloths as his blankeys (good blankey and bad blankey). As a way to replace these, I let him pick out the fabric (race car fabric front and back) and I made him a new, square, more blankey like blanket... only about 2 feet by 2 feet. I had some extra fabric and made it into two burp cloths for Baby X... this was when he was still a tiny baby. Unfortunately, he formed an attachment with these burp clothes and thus, stole Buddy's small blankey of the same material and claimed it as his own. (Buddy has since picked out a bunch of fabrics for a quilt I need to make him soon.)

Last summer, I came across the same fabric as Baby X's blankey at Walmart so I bought enough to make a real blanket for him. Then I had my nice parents hunt down the other side (I could only find the blue race car side, not the red). I finally got around to sewing it last week.



These are just some recent pics of Baby X and his little blankey.




Here's his new blanket. You can see the red back fabric is not the same as his little blankey... but in the same line of fabrics. I probably would have gone with a back that was a little more subtle, but Buddy was the original picker outer of all this fabric, so I went with it.


I probably should have saved it for Christmas or something, but I was too excited to give it to him. Here he is wrapped up in it when I showed it to him the morning after I finished it.



Here he is a couple days later... he was sleepy and PS had brought his blankeys and everything down to our couch and had him all tucked in and was calling him her little prince. I also made him a matching pillow case for a little pillow he now has.

No comments: