Friday, February 27, 2009

Valentine's Day



I keep forgetting to post our Valentine's Day pictures. When we were kids, my mom would buy us Valentine's balloons and a card and she'd tie the balloons to the railings around the atrium in our house and at the base of the balloon would be the card and some other little gift. I've continued the tradition for my kids, minus the atrium. This year Buddy got a Bulldog Webkinz, ($8 from Borders with a coupon) which he's been asking for since PS got two Webkinz for Christmas and he got Lightning McQueen crocs (which he's also wanted) (on clearance at Target for $2.48). Yea for good deals. PS got a stack of chapter books which she's almost done with. Baby X got a race car. They all got some conversational hearts and a little snack bag of Mother's pink and white animal cookies. I got B season one of Arrested Development on dvd and he got me some new glasses for our kitchen (since I've slowly broken all the old ones, replaced them, and then broken those as well). And B took us all swimming at the indoor aquatic center. We made Rhodes Rolls into cinnamon knots shapepd like hearts (sort of).

The artwork was my project from music class. We read The Kissing Hand and made racoons out of hearts (PS and Buddy both did an excellent job gluing and following instructions). We also traced our hands and made a hand signing I LOVE YOU. The other artwork is PS's own Valentine creation. The close up of Baby X is him eating his first animal cookie. He got ahold of one before I'd broken it into littler pieces for him.

No comments: