Saturday, February 7, 2009

Trailer Trash Truffles



I usually only share recipes on my other blog... but I've already shared this recipe there and I finally actually made them (as opposed to just eating ones that other people had made) and took a picture.

Trailer Trash Truffles aka Oreo Truffles (or as my kids call them, Oreo balls)

Here's how easy this is...

Ingredients:
1 box Oreos
8 oz. cream cheese softened
chocolate for dipping
white chocolate for decorating (optional)

Directions:
Crush Oreos into fine crumbs. Mix with cream cheese (I used a mixer, some use their hands). Roll into about a one inch ball. Freeze for 15 minutes. Melt chocolate, dip to cover and lay on wax paper. Decorate with melted white chocolate if your heart so desires.

AND, you can mix this up with mint Oreos, etc.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, I love these truffles so much because they are really easy to make and everyone always like them! However, I've never heard them called "Trailer Trash Truffles" before...interesting name!

NK said...

Tiffany-
Trailer Trash Truffles is actually the name Lori Ozley gave them when she showed how to make them at that RS activity.