5 1/2 months old
15 lbs. 5.15 oz.
25 3/4 inches tall
15 lbs. 5.15 oz.
25 3/4 inches tall
His EKG and echo both showed that he's doing as well as his last check-up. I've been worried about how he'll handle having to lay so flat and so still as he gets older. Before he'd eventually fall asleep during the echo (it takes maybe 15-20 minutes). He's getting so strong that he tries to lift his head up and then all his chest muscles are tense, etc. He was okay for his EKG today. It's just a matter of getting all the stickers stuck to his chest and all the cords attached, then it's just a minute or so and it can all come off. The echo is basically like an ultrasound pregnant women get. So I have to shush him and keep his hands of the gel and keep him calm and lying still. He did okay at the beginning. Then he got pretty fussy. I didn't think he was horrible, but when his doctor came in with the results he'd heard about it, so the technician must have mentioned it. It was sort of in a laughing way since he's so tiny and part of the problem is he's so strong and if he doesn't want something to happen, he doesn't want it to happen.
I asked the doctor what the prognosis was for the future since originally he told us that Baby X would have to have the same procedure done again in infancy. He told me today that he highly doubted that he'd have to have the procedure again as a baby, probably again as a toddler or a school aged child. So that's good. I guess they just never know if what they've corrected will continue to grow with him or if it will stay the size they've corrected it at and will have to be corrected again soon.
So, good news. And we don't have to go back for 3 1/2 months.
I asked the doctor what the prognosis was for the future since originally he told us that Baby X would have to have the same procedure done again in infancy. He told me today that he highly doubted that he'd have to have the procedure again as a baby, probably again as a toddler or a school aged child. So that's good. I guess they just never know if what they've corrected will continue to grow with him or if it will stay the size they've corrected it at and will have to be corrected again soon.
So, good news. And we don't have to go back for 3 1/2 months.
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear he is doing well. I can't imagine trying to keep a baby still. I am sure it will be even harder next time.
Post a Comment