Thursday, June 21, 2007

Potty Update

We've been trying to get Boy to use the potty for what seems like forever now. Our kids are less than two years apart, so we never really packed up the little potty once Princess Sparkley was done with it. I've been bribing Boy with movies. He can watch some video if he sits on the potty while he watches. And he'll sit there for like 45 minutes and nothing will come out. Then he requests a diaper and within minutes has peed or pooped in it.

Finally they other day he peed. My husband threw him a parade and they marched around outside and waited for me to return from the store. Since then he's peed about once a day. He earns ice cream each time so we've made it his assignment to make sure he earns us all ice cream each night because it's so hot.

And at last he pooped, sort of. He showered after swim lessons really quickly and then I handed him off to Princess Sparkley while I showered with the assignment that when I got out he had to have something on his bum (ie: diaper, pull-up, underpants). He was still naked when I got out a few minutes later. He ran past me to the play room. Then a minute or two later he came and told me he thought maybe poo poos needed to come out and he needed to sit on the potty. Which is basically code for, "I already pooped." So I look in the play room and there's a tiny little pile of poop on the floor. Lovely. He went and sat on the potty and after about five minutes he squeezed out one more tiny pellet of poop. So if that counts, he has now successfully pooped on the potty.

No comments: