Sunday, June 3, 2007

Asparagus Picking

During the summer our Friday music class at church had fieldtrips each Friday instead since all of the older brothers and sisters are out of school. The last Friday in May we went asparagus picking just east of town at Pendleton's.

The kids on the John Deere tractor trailer... Princess Sparkley is third from the left in the hot pink rain coat. Boy is 3rd from the right with the yellow rain coat and Red Sox hat.

Kids and moms.

Boy picking asparagus.


I love asparagus. But mostly I was curious to see how it grows. It's just one little asparagus sticking out of the ground. This was the end of asparagus season, so most of the ones in the picture have gone to seed.

Kind of an odd picture of Boy, but it's the only one you can sort of see the asparagus growing. The two green sticks to the right of him that you can see are two overgrown/gone to seed asparaguses. There's a good one he's about to pick next to him, but it didn't show up in the picture.

1 comment:

Rachel Clare said...

Oh how I miss everyone!!