Thursday, June 21, 2007

Funeral Homes

On the corner of our street is a funeral home. I'm sure at some point I've had to explain this to Princess Sparkley. Yesterday we were on our way to Boy's swim lessons, with a 9 year old girl from the ward I hired to sit with Princess Sparkley while Boy and I swim when we drive past the funeral home and Boy says, "That's where they kill people." Princess Sparkley responded, "That's not where they kill people." Which is when I heard the conversation. And the 9 year old girl from our ward giggled. Our son thinks we live down the street from somewhere that they kill people and he doesn't have a problem with that.

Later that afternoon a giant bug that I like to call a Mosquito Eater was on our screen door. Both of my kids were freaking out. I explained to them that I thought it was the type of bug that ate mosquitos and so it was okay. Plus it was on the outside of the screen anyway. Boy then went on to explain to Princess Sparkley that Mosquito Eaters eat people. I tried to explain to him that if there was a bug outside our screen that ate people, didn't he think I'd shut the sliding glass door and make sure we were all safe. He didn't get it.

No comments: