We did a friend party for Buddy last year, so this year we just did a family party. Star Wars themed. It was either going to be Lego, Star Wars, Star Wars Lego, army, race track or construction. He has a lot of interests.
I sewed a felt "Happy Birthday" bunting to use for all of our birthdays, and a plain one for the "arch" into the dining area. We decorated with random Star Wars guys and pictures of Buddy. I called our one bookshelf the Buddy shrine and put a bunch of framed pictures of him as a baby and as a little kid up. Then I hung a piece of yarn and using tiny clothespins, hung pictures of Buddy in chronological order. I thought that was pretty fun.
Buddy spent all yesterday
He spent most of the day building Legos.
Dinner was double sided light saber hot dogs and Yoda Soda to drink (ideas from here). We ran out of time (and energy) to make the Princess Leia cupcakes. Another day. We had light saber cupcakes for the cake (idea from here). And of course, Star Wars sugar cookies (using this recipe).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment