Friday, April 15, 2011

100th Day!

Okay, so we're a little behind as far as the typical 100th day of school celebrations... it seems like those fall in mid to late February.  But we started late because grandparents were in town in September and then we follow B's college schedule and had about a month off for Christmas.  So Tuesday was our 100th day of school and for the first year ever (and I told the kids not to expect this celebration to happen EVERY year now) we celebrated!

 First we made 100 day of school "glasses."

 Then we read:
here
One Hundred Hungry Ants by Elinor J. Pinszes
here
Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten by Joseph Slate

here
Counting Our Way to the 100th Day! by Betsy Franco


Then the kids drew pictures of what they think they'll look like when they are 100 years old.

I love Princess Sparkley's drawing.

I love that Buddy's drawing looks exactly the same as his normal self-portraits, only with a mustache.


We counted out 100 Fruit Loops (although we used the fruity Cheerios... I'd recommend Fruit Loops, I think they have a bigger hole).  And by "we," I mean Princesss Sparkley.  Buddy strung up about 15 and Little Guy just ate his.

Then we made a trail mix: 20 peanuts, 20 raisins, 20 peanut butter chips, 20 chocolate chips and 20 M&Ms.  Little Guy was off on his numbers and somehow ended up with most of the M&Ms.  






Buddy gathered up 100 Lego pieces.  Princess Sparkley drew 100 stars on a paper.  I didn't get pictures.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

That was always a fun day when I was teaching.