Lots of portraits. Lots of cool art. Lots of walking.
Highlight for Princess Sparkley, a portrait of Juliette Gordon Low (founder of Girl Scouts), and Charles Shultz (accompanied by a peanuts comic strip and a picture of the cast of Peanuts).
Highlight for Buddy: not sure, he was disappointed that we hadn't seen any portraits of George Washington, then we hit the Presidential portrait wing.
Highlight for Little Guy: the big scary pig, the scary pictures, and the Metro ride into DC.
Highlight for me: I actually knew who a lot of the famous Americans were (in the Portrait Gallery) and recognized some of the artists' names in the American Art Museum). We didn't get yelled at by any guards (until we left through the revolving door and all three kids tried to squish in with me). I was disappointed that this work was recently vandalized and not on display, it's one of the main reasons I wanted to go.
Highlight for B: ?
| Peanuts section of the gift shop |
B mapped our route around DC today, including museum loops, and it was 3.68 miles. The kids did great.
No comments:
Post a Comment