I wrote the Christmas Parade on the calendar very lightly in pencil so if I remembered and wanted to take the kids, we could go, but they wouldn't demand it or expect it. Saturday morning about 10:45 I remembered the parade. It started at 10. We hurried and bundled up and drove over to the end of the route figuring we could still see something. It wasn't nearly as crowded as I expected (basing everything on how many people went to see fireworks on the 4th of July) so we parked downtown and walked over to the main part of the parade route and stood behind people in chairs for awhile. After maybe half an hour my arm was tired of holding Little Guy up and there was a curb opening across the street and down a bit, so we waited for a pause in the parade and ran over. But with all the hustle of getting out the door, we didn't have the camera. Only my cell phone camera, which I think is 3.1 megapixels or something. So... one of the best pictures of all three kids looking at the camera and smiling I may have taken this year, and it's on a inferior camera. Oh well.
I took a bunch of other pictures as well just so we could come home and show B the kids' favorites. Here they are:
Princess Sparkley enjoyed the dancers, bands and Girl Scout troops. Buddy enjoyed the types of trucks, cars and tractors as well as the bands. Little Guy loved the "forseys" (horseys) and the jeeps decorated with eye balls, etc. One looked like Mater (I didn't get a picture). The blurry dump truck is painted pink for breast cancer awareness. The boys are all about dump trucks but I thought PS might pick this one as her favorite dump truck. And the parade of course ended with Santa and Mrs. Santa. Although every time I say that, Buddy cracks up and insists that they are Santa and Mrs. Claus. I suppose he's right.
And because this is what my kids do... they came home and played parade. Princess Sparkley put on a parade outfit. They made a banner. Blurry Little Guy (still couldn't find my camera) is in front as either a dog (which there were in the parade) or a horse.
No comments:
Post a Comment