Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cookie Pie Math



Princess Sparkley went to Activity Days at church last night and informed one of her leaders that she made a cookie pie for math that day. She also told a friend, but she also explained to her friend that she's learning about fractions in math. Her leader probably thinks we are weirdo homeschoolers now. But she really is learning about fractions and I made her do all the measurements on her own. I only stopped her and made her think a little harder when she was only going to add 1/2 a cup of flour instead 1 AND a 1/2 cups. Plus, it was pie shaped and we used fractions as we cut it up. AND, so she doesn't forget her times tables, she did a worksheet about those as well.

1 comment:

Cristin said...

That's a great idea to teach fractions. I love it. Much more memorable than staring at a shape on a piece of paper.