So we're really tried to make girl time fun during the Father/Son Campout. Two years ago a friend had a bunch of moms and daughters (and baby brothers) over. This year, PS planned a huge night for us. She made signs. She made me a shopping list. She planned out our entire evening. Sorry there are no pictures, I thought B had the camera (but he'd forgotten it and it was in the desk drawer all along). Here's how it went:
pizza and lemonade
As soon as the boys had walked out the door she was hounding me to put the pizza in the oven.
paint each other's nails
I opted for a pale, pale pink polish on my toes.
walk to our nearest ice cream shop for ice cream
She didn't stop talking all night. The girl had so much to tell me. One conversation included: when we puffed up our cheeks and held our breath, why couldn't we just breath the air in our cheeks?
watch Tinkerbell
Not to ruin this movie for anyone, but I fell asleep soon after Tinkerbell was "born" as a fairy, and woke up to find out she'd ruined Springtime and now had to save it. I asked PS, how'd Tinkerbell go from being this Tinker fairy, to being Peter Pan's sidekick, her response, "Oh, I know. I read it in a book once. I'll tell you after the movie." She also talked and squealed and bounced around throughout the entire movie.
eat popcorn
I woke up because PS suddenly demanded, "When are we having our popcorn?"
go to sleep
She went to bed around 9:45. I took a shower and then watched the PBS version of Jane Austen's "Persuasion" (thanks Lia!). When B got home he could see the covers were only disturbed on my side of the bed. He asked why I didn't sleep in the middle, he would have. I told him I didn't even think about it. Funny how people are different. Although, technically, he sleeps in the middle of the bed every night.
1 comment:
Glad you got to have your girls night together, sounds like fun!
Post a Comment