Monday, September 7, 2009

PS in the Kitchen

I have a bunch of kid cookbooks from when I was little, so Princess Sparkley went through them the other day and picked out some recipes she wanted to make. She decided that Buddy would love this (and he did) because it involved fruit (especially cantaloupe) and a race car. It turned out okay.






This, however did not turn out so great (although PS LOVED it), and it was mainly my fault.





The problem is I only like Marie Callendar's Corn Bread Mix. And, so far, I can't find it here. I'd heard before that if you mix a corn bread mix with yellow cake mix, you can recreate Marie Callendar's Corn Bread. What we ended up with was hot dogs in a yellow cake. Bleh. PS thinks it was wonderful and wants us to submit the recipe to a kids cooking magazine of some sort. Anyone want to send some Marie Callendar's Corn Bread Mix my way?? (Although, there's still one grocery chain in town I haven't checked yet. Cross your fingers for me.)

No comments: