Friday, August 14, 2009

Visiting Washington DC

I plan to take great advantage of living so close to Washington DC over the next few years... especially as far as our homeschooling is concerned. We made our first visit to the capital as Virginians on Saturday and took in some sights. The kids were threatened that this was a preliminary trip and their behavior would effect the possibility of all future trips when I would be outnumbered three to one while B is busy and we're on "school" field trips. They did... okay.


The Capitol.



Buddy and PS at the base of the Washington Memorial.



The kids at the Washington Monument.



Baby X signing "bird" to me when he spotted some ducks.



We made sure to find the column for Kansas at the new
(at least since last time I was in DC in December of 2002)
World War II Memorial.



Baby X at the base of the Lincoln Memorial.



Baby X at the Lincoln Memorial.
I especially like how his binky looks like a big Italian mustache.



Cute Princess Sparkley.

1 comment:

Erin said...

That is cool that Baby X is signing. I love the mustache too. The pic of the kids in front of the monument is great in illustrating how huge it is.