Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pumpkin Patch with PS's school

Princess Sparkley's school had a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch today and let us tag along.


Click here to see them at the same Pumpkin Patch measuring their height in years past.

Baby X... I couldn't get him to stop looking at the rocks. I thought maybe he's stand up holding onto the wall... which would be perfect, and which he does all the time at home. No such luck.



PS got paired up with a classmate and her fourth grade buddy,
so Buddy, Baby X and I were on our own.


I love fields like this. Buddy likes that trains go by in the distance.


I assume this is what Baby X looked like the whole time. He was in a pack on my back. He was very quiet. And one point, he exhaled loudly right at my ear and scared me.



Buddy finally decided on a pumpkin.




It was much larger than the pumpkin he picked last year, which was about the size of a mango.


Princess Sparkley on the hayride with her class.
(The redhead behind her is a 4th grade girl who was baptized with her mom a couple of weeks ago, she was excited to recognize me there and came up to let me know I was from her church.)


Buddy and a scarecrow.
Buddy couldn't get enough of the maze this year. He made me do it three times then did it again on his own. And he was really brave this whole time in the playground area. It was all first graders and fourth graders and PS was off with her friends. I could barely keep track of him. It was nice to see that he doesn't always have to be clinging to my leg to try something new.



Baby X got two pumpkins. Buddy and I picked out a small pumpkin.
Then Buddy found this teeny tiny one and insisted we get it too.



I love his little pointer finger investigating everything.



All three kids.






Baby X is tired.



He's getting huge, isn't he?


2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm glad you got to go! Looks like you had a great time.

Tiffany said...

Oh, I miss the pumpkin patch days! I think there is one here somewhere that is only open on the weekend and is expensive and crowded to go to. My first thought when I saw your pictures - wow, they are wearing coats!! It must already be cold there...I'm longing for some cooler weather here (soon, I think). Anyway, glad you guys are enjoying your fall activities!