Saturday, September 20, 2008

Troublemaker

*





Baby X is by far my most active baby (at this age). He crawls all over. And once we figured out crawling, and ended up at a table or a step, he was pulling himself to standing. Now he thinks he's pretty cool and tries to let go or hold on with just one hand. Ahhhh!

I took him to his regular pediatrician this week because I was worried about how busy he is. He'll crawl all over playing with each thing in the room and work up a sweat and he'll be breathing hard. I didn't remember my other kids ever being this way, so I took him in to have him checked out to make sure his heart is working the way it is supposed to be working. He's fine. His doctor listened to it, they put this little monitor on his foot and toe to monitor the oxygen in his blood (he was hooked up to one of these the whole time he was at Children's Mercy), etc. His doctor just says he's very active and his body is doing what he's supposed to. He's not training for a race so when he gets tired, he won't keep pushing himself to go, he'll just stop and rest. She said if he was breathing hard at rest or asleep, or if his lips or anything turned blue, that's when we would worry. So, I guess he's just giving his heart a good cardio workout.

He weighed in at 19 lbs. 7 oz., a little over a week shy of his 8 month birthday.

*Mom, or anyone, if you want to copy and save any of these pictures I put in the grid collage to have prints made , let me know and I can send you the picture in an email or post if separately. It's just much easier to upload a bunch of pictures like this than to do it individually.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Cute pictures! Baby X is looking more and more like a little boy. He still looks like a baby, but you can see what he will look like at 2 or 3.