Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sounding things out


I wrote a post a little bit back about how much more fun Princess Sparkley's phonics class is now that she's learning sight words and putting all the sounds she knows together to read and write. She brought me this last week. This is pretty much the first time she's tried to sound out words to write. It's supposed to say "Welcome Home" and be for our baby.


She also made Halloween Party invitations today spelling Megan - Magn, Alice - Als, Brandon - Bwthe. On the inside she wrote "PRD AT [PRINCESS SPARKLEY] THE [BOY]S HAWS." Pretty smart. :) She told me she meant to write "and" but accidentally wrote "the" instead. They are both her sight words this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our report cards used to have an rubric, maybe that's the word I'm looking for, that showed what stage of writing the children were in by what letters they wrote. I called it kids print and it was always so fun to read what they wrote phonetically. Princess Sparkley is doing great!

Her art work is fantastic!

Good job on your art work, too, Will!