Little Guy spells. The other day he colored the words "Happy Birthday, Nick!" for a cousin. The next day he asked me where that paper was so he could use it to write the words again. I'd thrown it away after we'd taken a picture of the sign and emailed it to Nick. I told him I could help him spell the words again (I was in the kitchen making dinner). I went to look to see where he was with the words so I could help, figuring he had maybe sounded out H-A and maybe a P. He'd written Happy all by himself.
Then, the other day he made me this baby card. He sounded out Baby as Babe. Then he wrote mom and dad and big and smol on his own. Then he tried to write baby again and wrote dab. He's got some problems with confusing lowercase b and lowercase d as well as writing things completely (mirror-image) backwards, which is apparently more common in left-handers learning to write. He drew a picture of the baby small and big. They are oddly colored because he was completely coloring their skin and it was too dark to leave room for eyes and a mouth, etc.
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment