Thursday, October 6, 2011

Apple Picking 2011

We took some friends (the Js) with us apple picking last year. She emailed me this year to see if we were planning on going again so we had another fun adventure this year. I didn't get nearly as many apples, but still a ton. We didn't see any bears, which I'm always worrying about at the back of my mind. We had fun and now we're munching on yummy apples (which I had to immediately start cutting open with my little car window hammer/knife set since Buddy has so many loose and missing teeth and Little Guy fell out of bed messing around the other night and injured his front teeth and the gums above them).



I love driving in the direction of the apple orchard or Shenandoah because all of a sudden we're in the foothills, and my kids, who spent 4 years in Kansas and now live in a flat part of Virginia, are intrigued by hills, foothills and mountains.  Buddy exclaimed, "What is that?" when we came upon a hill on our drive today.  I don't think he was expecting to run into a hill so suddenly.


Our friend Mom J took this and posted it on her blog.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh, the apple picking looks so fun! We haven't done that since we lived in Kansas.