Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cincinnati Reds vs. Cleaveland Indians

July 1

The grandparents were trying to take us to their local minor league game, but they were sold out.  Then they decided if they took us to a Friday night Cincinnati game there would be fireworks, and we wouldn't have to make a crazy stop on our way home to see a fireworks show in West Virginia somewhere. 

At the beginning of the game, Princess Sparkley, who isn't as excited about baseball, asked if I'd ever been on the giant tv at a baseball game.  I explained to her that we've been to a lot of games and never known anyone on the jumbo tron.  Flash forward several innings, the jumbotron pans across Buddy's arm (he says he's sure he saw it and it was waving) to Little Guy, me, Grandma M and PS before it heads to the baby Reds fan next to PS.  Very fun!


And the fireworks afterwards were awesome!  We tend to hit baseball games around the 4th of July because we're already going to be in a a crowd, why not skip the 4th of July fireworks viewing crowd and just enjoy the fireworks at the game.  This show was really long and super impressive.  Very loud as well, which PS didn't enjoy.

Also, I have a cousin who lives in Cincinnati.  I figured there was no point calling his family when we'd only be in the town for a short period of time during which we'd be at the game.  I found out the next day via Facebook that his family was at the game!  Based on their pictures, they were a few sections to our left and down.

No comments: