Sunday, April 12, 2009

April Fools

B and I aren't big pranksters, so April Fool's Day goes by pretty much unnoticed at our house. A day or two after April Fool's Day, Princess Sparkley was reading my Family Fun magazine (the girl reads anything she can get her hands on these days) and saw all the fun April Fools ideas. So, we tricked daddy a couple days late.


We told Daddy that we were doing April Fool's Day, and the trick was we were having dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert. The real trick was that this cupcake is actually meatloaf and mashed potatoes (and possibly the yummiest meatloaf I've ever had).


Our new neon colored food dye was especially helpful in turning our mashed potatoes into cupcake frosting.



He wasn't especially fooled by the cupcakes. BUT, the drink really fooled him. He assumed it was colored water. It was Jell-O!!


For dessert, we had a "dinner" of sushi. Our sushi was really rice krispy treats, gummy worms and fruit by the foot.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

SO CUTE! I love it! I might have to copy this next year.