Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Noel

As I've been out and about this holiday season with the kids, Buddy has noticed Noel signs and asked me what it means. I haven't really had an answer other than it's Christmas related (turns out, it means Christmas). Today we were listening to Star102, Kansas City's Christmas station (which has been playing Christmas songs since Halloween and in between songs... 20 minutes worth of ads) and the song "The First Noel" came on. I told them to listen up. I explained that I guessed Noel meant Jesus' birth or Christmas. Buddy* said, "Maybe it means no L. Is there an L in Christmas?" No, there isn't. So in our family, Noel now means there is no L in Christmas.

*He has been hilarious lately. He's got this new crack up laugh that I need to capture on film. And he's been making up super silly "jokes." This is my favorite (did I already write this here?): How do you know you're a Clementine? You got peeled!!

No comments: