Friday, August 10, 2012

Princess Sparkley Turns 10!

PS really wanted this baby to be born on her birthday.  B was hoping the ultra sound was wrong and we could give PS a baby sister on her birthday.  There is only about an hour and a half left in the day, so it doesn't look like that is going to happen. 

When I went in to wake he up this morning I told her happy birthday and she told me that Buddy, his blanket and stuffed animal dolphin, Splash, had already been in to sing to her.

For some reason, our kids think you get to open birthday presents almost first thing in the morning.  Like it's Christmas or something.  I get it... they don't want to wait, but it makes the day sort of boring for me because there isn't as much to look forward to.

Here's PS opening her presents:
She got some earrings, a Snoopy shirt, magazine subscriptions,
a book she wanted (on the Kindle), a Lego Friends set, her ears pierced, sandals, etc.

She also got to watch a movie of her choice (Ella Enchanted) and we went to Barnes and Noble to get her free cafe dessert.  We also went to Petsmart (her choice) and picked up a Red Velvet cake (her choice again) for her at the grocery store.  I got a couple of good recipes from friends, but was never sure if I'd be in a position to bake a cake today.  It turns out I could have, but B kept telling me not to stress over it and just buy one.  So we did.  She also chose Alfredo noodles for dinner.  Then cake...mmm.
 
 
B-day ?s:
1. What is your favorite color?  Purple
2. What is your favorite toy? I don't know.
 3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples?
 4. What is your favorite tv show? Phineas and Ferb 
 5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Cracker Sandwiches
6. What is your favorite outfit? My purple shirt and purple plaid shorts.
 7. What is your favorite game? Candyland, Tell Tale.
 8. What is your favorite snack? Poptarts, crackers, yogurt, candy, does dessert count?
 9. What is your favorite animal?  pandas, dolphins, whales, dogs, cats, guinea pigs and horses.
10. What is your favorite music?   Weezer, Killers and Taylor Swift
11. What is your favorite book? I have A LOT!  The Sisters Eight series, Half Magic series, The Royal Diaries, etc.
12. Who is your best friend? I have a lot of those too: Grace, Ruth, Audrey, Ella, Lizzy, Emma, Amanda, Jojo, Bryn, and Melanie.  I have more though.
13. What is your favorite movie? Star Wars, Harry Potter, Alice in Wonderland, The Muppet Movie.
 14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swim and ride my bike.
 15. What is your favorite drink? June Bugs
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas (not just because of the presents)
 17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Normally I take Rachel Mei, but I take my other stuffed animals too.
 18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? A fried egg sandwich.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Pizza bubble, alfredo noodles, ravioli.
 20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A LOT of stuff.  I actually have a list.  Some of them are: a dolphin trainer, a singer, a director, an author, and an artist.  I know I am going to be a mom.
 

No comments: