Monday, July 9, 2012

Pet Groundhog


We recently discovered two groundhogs that crawl under the fence from our neighbor's yard (where we believe their burrow is) into our yard (one at a time) to munch on our "lawn." 

I had to look the up online to see what they were. They must not have ground hogs out west because these creatures are totally foreign to me so when we looked out the window and saw this enormous rodent, we were hesitant to know what to call it but I was pretty sure it had to be a ground hog, and it is.

I like watching the bigger one chomp the dandelions.  We were excited to have these "pets" but after our big derecho storm last week, we haven't seen them.  We're not sure if they have retreated from the heat, or if the neighbors have done something to get rid of them. 

No comments: