Thursday, February 3, 2011

3 Year Old Check-Up



Little Guy's three year old check-up was on Monday, January 31. The whole way driving to the doctor's office he kept saying, "but I not hurt, Momma." I guess he remembers the ER trip for his cheek. And the almost ER trip when Princess Sparkley slammed his left (?) pinky in the car door a month or so ago.

He is 40 1/4 inches tall placing him in the 95% for height.
He weighs 34 lbs. placing him in the 75% for weight.

I had to give him a little quiz at the doctor's office testing him on his knowledge of shapes, colors, animals, along with his physical abilities such as jumping, drawing a line, etc. He did great.

They drew blood to test for anemia I think (just so they have it on file since they don't yet). He got to leave with a bandaid on one finger. The rest of the day I couldn't hold his "hurty hand." We have to go back in three weeks for the doctor to check some swollen glands in his neck. She said she isn't concerned (which actually made me a bit concerned since it indicated that maybe her saying this would get me concerned in the first place) but wants to check. He'd had a cold a week or so ago and she thought maybe the glands were the result of his body fighting off an ear infection on its own, but there wasn't any evidence of that so she wants to check him out to be sure.

What's going on with Little Guy now:
He talks clearly (at least to us) and nonstop. He's had a lot of potty success (and a lot of potty failure). He'll hunt B down anywhere in the house with a stack of books to be read to him. He'll allow PS to cuddle him, share a chair with him, etc. but seems to see Buddy as competition and pushes him away. I'm sure Buddy brings a lot of this upon himself. He told me tonight that he wants a pet dog, a pet cat and a pet fish. Then he changed his mind and said he wanted a dog, three cats and a fish. The dog will of course be named Caterpillar. That's his favorite name for every animal he pretends to me. The other day he asked to be carried and then curled up on my chest and said he was my baby cow. B loves it when he picks Little Guy up and Little Guy isn't expecting it and says cute stuff like, "I love being carried." When I went to get the mail today (our mailbox is attached to the outside wall immediately adjacent to our front door) he told B "we don't have a mommy now." The other day, I left to go to the store or somewhere and when B came downstairs, Little Guy said to him, "We don't have a mommy now, you be the mommy." Apparently, in his eyes, I'm the one in charge.

He doesn't have a check-up with his cardiologist until May/June.

No comments: