Monday, September 27, 2010

Little Guy Stories and Pictures


Sorry, these are all cell phone camera pictures so blurry and low quality.

Little Guy says, "And me" to everything we say. He doesn't want to me left out.
Stuff like, "After dinner we'll have ice cream?"
"And me?"
"PS and Buddy have soccer practice tonight."
"And me?"
"We're going to the library."
"And me?"
Sort of hilarious. Sort of sad. Sort of annoying.



He LOVES swinging lately. He used to hate it. I had to push him really softly or he'd freak out. Now he insists that I push him high. And when he gets to the summit, he yells "I upside down, Mama." And cracks up.

The other day we went to a park that had "woods" right next to the swing set. At one point after I'd given him a good push, I walked over to see if the pathway actually led somewhere and we could go on a walk in there. When I got back he told me, "Bears not get me Mama?" It turns out that while my mom was here, she sang Jerry Garcia's kid song, "The Teddy Bear Picnic" to him a few times and he's now terrified of there being bears in the woods. Or Target. Or our car. Etc.

When he sees a dog on a leash he tells us "Doggy not lick me." We think it's his way of saying it is on a leash.

He only has a binky at bedtime now. I've tried to conveniently "lose" binky at bedtime, but that hasn't gone over well yet. The past few weeks, he's gone back to having times during the day when he desperately needs a nap (which he gave up months ago) so he gets sent to me bed to cuddle with his blankey and doggy Bubble and look at books. The other day I found him like this. He'd found two binkies to use during quiet cuddle time.

No comments: