Baby X loved it and when he'd see the pitcher throw the ball and the catcher catch it he'd yell "YEAH!" just like he does at home for himself. After awhile he'd clap when everyone clapped, but got embarrassed if you saw him. He got these baseball socks for Easter and wanted to wear them. His feet looked so cute!
The boys both have raincoats, but Princess Sparkley doesn't. I brought along this poncho that I've had forever and she fit her whole body into it (knees tucked up inside) and had just her face peeking out. Mainly because of the wind, not so much the rain. I've said it before, but Virginia/DC rainstorms are nothing compared to Kansas. It just drizzled and blew onto us.
Daddy explaining baseball to Buddy. His first T-ball game was the morning after this game.
Instead of a ketchup vs. mustard hot dog race, they have a presidents race. There was Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln and George Washington (I think).
The finish line.
The boys.
All of them.
The mascot is an eagle named Screech.
If you click to enlarge, you can see where I marked the Washington Monument (which didn't show up in the dark).
The game started 5 minutes after Baby X's bedtime (7:05pm). It ended around ten. This was towards the end of the game.
Click to enlarge and you can see where I marked the Capitol.
The kids at Nationals Ball Park.
The family at Nationals Ball Park. Unfortunately the usher who took the picture didn't get anything in the background that proves where we are and this is after the fireworks and all the stadium lights are off so nothing is lit up on the field.
And for Grandpa L:
1 comment:
Fun family. I miss you guys.
Post a Comment