As if Halloween wasn't crazy enough... Baby X also had a check-up at Children's Mercy this afternoon with his cardiologist. He hasn't been since the summer as the appointments have been getting further and further apart. This time he got the go ahead for a year until his next visit, which got moved to 9 months when I mentioned that we'd probably be moving next summer.
Baby X was awesome. He's the wiggliest baby ever. I can't get him to lay still for a diaper change or getting dressed so I was sure that having an EKG (about 8 little electrode stickers on his chest, arms, etc. with little wires clipped to them... he loves wires!) and an echocardiogram (which requires him laying still while she squirts goo on his chest and takes 20-30 minutes doing an ultrasound of his heart) was going to be horrible. He did great. He just laid there and starred at the woman doing it. It was his best time yet. Even as a newborn he'd cry and fuss a bit before eventually falling asleep. This time he just laid there and looked around. When he got a bit fussy she handed him a Dory fish toy that he chewed on until she was done. It was awesome. I had been really worried about how these appointments would go as he got older and more mobile. Good job, Baby X!
He weighed in at 9.34 kilograms (20 lbs. 9.45 oz.). I dont' remember his height, and it was in centimeters. They also take his blood pressure, etc.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad to hear that he's doing well! He's such a cutie! I think he looks more like Will the older he gets.
Post a Comment