
Today was Baby X's two month check-up with his pediatrician even though technically, he was 9 weeks old on Saturday, and two month's last Wednesday.
Weight: 11 lbs. 12 oz.
Height: 24 inches
Head: 16 inches
This puts him in the 50th percentile for weight. 50-75th for height (I think) and up from 2nd% to 3rd% for height to weight ratio. She said I can keep fortifying his breast milk and formula to make it higher calorie, but that what I'm doing, just a few bottles fortified a day, should be plenty... not every bottle like before.
He's still spitting up a ton, even with the prescription she gave us last time for something for reflux so she's giving us a stronger prescription. Hopefully this works. She says sometimes nothing will work and a baby just has to outgrow it. 95% do by 6 months. So, either this new prescription works... or we're dealing with spit-up everywhere until hopefully only 6 months.
She was impressed with his weight gain and how alert and watchful he was.
He's all about his hands lately. They are always all over his face, plucking his binky out, being explored by his mouth, etc.
2 comments:
How is he this old already? and by the way, isn't it astounding that some women give BIRTH to babies who weigh as much as he does now?!? Astounding.
What a cute smile! I love it when they start smiling. then I can feel a little more sane.
Post a Comment