Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Trains

*I will from now on refer to Boy as Buddy since we call him that 70% of the time anyway, and Boy isn't the best online nickname for him.

Have I mentioned that Buddy loves trains? I mean LOVES TRAINS. We always have to check out from the library the I Love Toy Trains dvds. Jeff, from said videos is Buddy's favorite actor. He has the song memorized, etc. There was a period of time where I had to rearrange his train tracks twice a day because the track was "weird" the old way. We used to watch the Thomas videos everyday, but they started to scare him (thank goodness). And every night he and daddy read a Thomas story from our giant Thomas story collection book I got at a garage sale for $4.

So Thanksgiving was like heaven for him, aside from being sick. Grandma and Grandpa M took him to a train show/expo in St. Louis.









This "train" you could ride was fun for Buddy to watch, but to scary for him to try. Princess Sparkley wanted desperately to ride it, got in line, chickened out and then decided she really did want to do it. Daddy had to go along for the ride since it was powered by a little wheel you had to turn with your hands and we were pretty sure she'd barely move if it was all her powering it.






Unfortunately I don't have any pictures to show it, but according to Dad, this is what Princess Sparkley told him. "Do you know why I was like this [sticks her tongue out the side of her mouth]?" "No, I didn't see you. Why were you like that?" She said, "So I could go faster than you." Because you know, when you are going faster, your tongue hangs out of your mouth.



Then, Grandpa M, knowing how much we love trains, had his Christmas trains already set up when we showed up for Thanksgiving. Buddy spent most of his time in the living room, laying on the floor, watching the trains. Even when they weren't moving.










No comments: